Herfst Feest (Harvest Festival) – Sept 23-24, 2016 in Pella, Iowa
The weekend is full of fun family events in Pella, IA – Sept 23-24, 2016. Herfst Feest (Harvest Fest) has something for everyone. Friday evening kicks off the event with the Bacon Fest, live music by Flying Pans Tropical Steel Drum Band, and the Downtown Wine Walk.
Saturday morning you can enjoy a Pancake breakfast hosted by the Boy Scouts or be a little more adventurous and take on the 5K Color Run supporting Many Hands 4 Haiti. The Farmer’s Market will be running as usual from 9 am – 12 pm, and don’t forgot all the kids activities and games downtown. There will be Hayrack Rides from 10 am – 4 pm, arts and crafts on the square, a best Cinnamon Roll contest, best Salsa contest, and Pella Brew Club sampling at the Vermeer Mill.
All activities are in Central Park, downtown Pella, unless noted. Also enjoy food vendors, great shopping, and other activities in Pella!
- 5pm – 8pm BACONFEST! (Tickets available in advance at Pella Hy-Vee, Chamber of Commerce, and also at the event. Click here to learn more & for menu.)
- 5pm – 8pm Wine Walk (in downtown shops)
- 5pm – 8pm Live Music: Flying Pans Tropical Steel Drum Band
- 7am – 10am Pancake Breakfast (supports Boy Scouts)
- 9am – 11am MH4H 5K Color Blast Run (supports Many Hands 4 Haiti- Click here to learn more.)
- 9am – 12pm Farmer’s Market
- 9:30am – 4:30pm Historical Village Tours and Artisan Demonstrations (Vermeer Mill and Pella Historical Village Museum)
- 10am – 1pm Horse-Drawn Trolley Rides to Tuttle Cabin (supports Pella Historic Trust)
- 10am-4pm Family Fall Fun Activities (formerly held at Van Roekel Farms- now in Central Park! Sponsored by First Reformed Church)
- 10am – 4pm Hayrack Rides
- 10am – 4pm Art & Crafts on the Square Vendors
- 10:30am-11:30am Firehouse Book Bash (sponsored by Families First)
- 11am Food Competition: Best Cinnamon Roll
- 1pm Food Competition: Best Salsa
- 1pm – 4pm Pella Brew Club Sampling (Vermeer Mill and Pella Historical Village Museum Courtyard)
- 4:30pm – 10:30pm Marching Dutch Invitational Band Competition (Pella High School)